- Introduction to Respondus LockDown Browser
- Students with Chromebook, Browser exception required
- Student Guide
- Data privacy overview
Respondus LockDown Browser is compatible with:
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10
- iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only) – Instructor must enable access for each quiz
- Chromebook- Instructor must enable access for each quiz
Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor is available in the Library in pod A and B. The speakers are disabled on the computers in the library. You’ll need to go to the reference desk to borrow a pair of their headphones if needed.
What does Respondus LockDown Browser do?
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized or exited until the student submits it for grading
- Removes the web browser menu and toolbar options, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops
- Disables printing and screen capture functions
- Prevents copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment
- Disables right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
What does Respondus Monitor do?
- All Lockdown Browser capabilities
- Uses a student’s webcam to record and analyze student exam sessions
- It can require students to show ID, do an Environment Check, and/or facial detection before and during the exam
- Exams can be taken without advanced scheduling and without additional registration by the student
- Flag instances of behaviors such as a student leaving the room, someone entering the room, and looking down at a book or a table, for the instructor to review. Once the exam session is complete, instructors are able to view flagged segments.